Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cherry Mobile G1 Review

Hi and welcome back. It's been awhile but today I'm going to review and hopefully answer questions about this product that haunted me till I  decided to buy this Cherry Mobile G1.

Originally slated for release around December,  the limited availability made it tough to get my hands on one though I've been lusting over this device since I got wind of this watch phone that was mistakenly thought of as a smart watch.

Not bad looking

First off I would like to mention this is something I bought and not some review unit CM lent/gave me. Secondly, The manual in the box is NOT helpful at all! It doesn't show any images of what button does what, no instructions on how to pair or use the devices inside or what to expect. Thirdly the box does not give a lot of info as well, like how much is the capacity of the phone or battery or how long the battery will last in either headset or phone.

On the box, you can read the ff:
Dial sim/dual standby
Dual band (900/1800)
1.44" TFT LCD (128x128 pixels)
VGA camera
FM radio
Music player (MP3, AMR, WAV)
Video player (3GP, MP4, AVI)
BT V2.1 +EDR
GPRS Class 12/WAP 2.0
Micro USB/Mass storage function
MMS supported
Micro SD up to 8GB

The unit I got was red but would really have preferred yellow (or green).  No matter, from the box they come in red, yellow, light blue, purple and dark blue.

What's in the box? It should contain the watch phone, battery, bluetooth headset, headset clip, headset charging cable (usb powered but no charger unit), phone charging adaptor (micro usb so people can use their android power bank cables and data cables for transferring to the watch phone), warranty card, instructions manual (extremely useless) and lots of plastic packaging.

More images and the continuation of the review in part 2 HERE or if you wish to skip to part 3 and my summary, click HERE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment